Become an Urban Boatbuilders Apprentice
The Apprenticeship Program:
The Urban Boatbuilders Apprenticeship Program is a job training opportunity where youth learn how to build boats, paddles and other woodworking projects with instructors and a team of peers. In addition to project-based learning, apprentices participate in offsite career exploration field trips, and workshops on resume writing, personal finance, interviewing, and goal setting.
Apprentices start at $9.50 an hour, and have opportunities to receive increases over time.
Learn more about our programs and see the apprentices in action on our facebook page.
Summer Session Schedule:
- June 12 - August 17, 2017
- Two Crews:
- Crew A: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday: 9:00 AM - 12:15 PM & Thursday: 2:00 - 5:15 PM
- Crew B: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday: 2:00 - 5:15 PM
- Canoeing and camping trip in the Boundary Waters of northern Minnesota: August 21 - 25
- The program is currently full for the summer.
Fall Session Schedule:
- September 25 - January 17, 2018
- Crew A: Monday - Wednesday, 3 - 6 PM
- Crew B: Wednesday - Friday, 3 - 6 PM
Canoeing and camping trip on the St. Croix River: October 6 - 8
- Application will be available: August 15
- Application priority deadline: September 15
- 16 - 19 years of age by the start date of the program
Be eligible for free or reduced price lunch or have a barrier to employment, including but not limited to students with IEPs, limited English proficiency, juvenile offenders and youth in diversion programs, youth with chemical dependency issues, youth in transition (currently homeless or runaway), or youth who are parenting. This is only a guideline. If you are unsure if you qualify, please apply.
Contact Martha Brummitt, firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Interested in applying?
We are not currently hiring, but if you'd like to receive email updates regarding our next hiring process, please input your name and email below: